Important Information Regarding Leak Detection & Work Provided To Resolve
1. While we guarantee the quality of the works we perform, due to the inherent nature of roof leaks we cannot guarantee that you will not experience leaks in the future. Your roof may be old, or have several other issues that are not readily apparent at the time of our quote, during or after our works are completed. This means that our guarantee extends only to workmanship of the repairs carried out, not the resolution of any specific leaks. The exception to this is if we are installing a brand new roof, gutter & drainage system. If you are still experiencing leaks after our work is performed, we are happy to return and confirm workmanship of our repair and advise what further can be done to resolve the leak.
Important Information Regarding Access to All Ground Level Areas
SGC Sydney Gutter Cleaning requires full access to backyards, courtyards and the like to be able to perform a ground level clean up of debris. This includes any gutters and downpipes that are not accessible other than via the above mentioned areas. It is your responsibility to provide access to these areas. If we cannot gain access to these areas at the time of our visit, the ground level clean up will be your responsibility. If you request us to do so, we will return to clean these areas, but it will be done at a service rate of $165+GST per hour and a travel charge of $80+GST.
Important Information Regarding the Scope and Limitations of the inspections and reports
1. The report is NOT an all-encompassing report dealing with the building from every aspect. It is a reasonable attempt to identify any obvious or significant defects apparent at the time of the inspection. Whether or not a defect is considered significant or not, depends, to a large extent, upon the age and type of the building inspected. This report is not a Certificate of Compliance with the requirements of any Act, Regulation, Ordinance or By-law. It is not a structural report.
2. THIS IS A VISUAL INSPECTION ONLY limited to those areas and sections of the property fully accessible and visible to the Inspector on the date of Inspection. The inspection DOES NOT include breaking apart, dismantling, removing or moving objects including, but not limited to, foliage, mouldings, roof insulation/sisalation, floor or wall coverings, sidings, ceilings, floors, furnishings, appliances or personal possessions. The inspector CANNOT see inside walls, between floors, inside skillion roofing, behind stored goods in cupboards, other areas that are concealed or obstructed. The inspector WILL NOT dig, gouge, force or perform any other invasive procedures. Visible timbers CANNOT be destructively probed or hit without the written permission of the property owner.
3. The Report does not and cannot make comment upon: defects that may have been concealed; the assessment or detection of defects (including rising damp and leaks) which may be subject to the prevailing weather conditions; whether or not services have been used for some time prior to the inspection and whether this will affect the detection of leaks or other defects (eg. In the case of shower enclosures the absence of any dampness at the time of the inspection does not necessarily mean that the enclosure will not leak); the presence or absence of timber pests; gas-fittings; common property areas; environmental concerns; the proximity of the property to flight paths, railways, or busy traffic; noise levels; health and safety issues; heritage concerns; security concerns; fire protection; site drainage (apart from surface water drainage); swimming pools and spas (non-structural); detection and identification of illegal building work; detection and identification of illegal plumbing work; durability of exposed finishes; neighbourhood problems; document analysis; electrical installation; any matters that are solely regulated by statute; any area(s) or item(s) that could not be inspected by the consultant. Accordingly this Report is not a guarantee that defects and/or damage does not exist in any inaccessible or partly inaccessible areas or sections of the property (NB Such matters may upon request be covered under the terms of a Special-purpose Property Report).
4. CONSUMER COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE: In the event of any controversy or claim arising out of, or relating to this Report, either party must give written Notice of the dispute to the other party. If the dispute is not resolved within ten (10) days from the service of the Notice then the dispute shall be referred to a mediator nominated by the Inspector. Should the dispute not be resolved by mediation then either party may refer the dispute to the Institute of Arbitrators and Mediators of Australia for resolution by arbitration.
5. The Use of Photo’s: The report may include photographs. Some picture are intended as a courtesy and are added for information. Some are to help clarify where the inspector has been, what was looked at and the condition of the component at the time of the inspection. Some pictures may be of deficiencies or problem areas, these are to help you better understand what is documented in the report and may allow you to see areas or items you normally would not see. Not all problem areas or conditions will be supported with photos.
6. Report Ownership: The inspector named on the report will remain the owner of the report at all times. The fee paid by Client is for the physical inspection only and the inspector named on the report remains all rights and copyrights of the written report of which the inspector has granted the Client only, named on the report a copy for his or her information only. All rights reserved. No part of the report may be reproduced in any manner or passed on to any third party without the express written consent of the inspector named on the report.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY: No Liability shall be accepted on an account of failure of the Report to notify any problems in the area(s) or section(s) of the subject property physically inaccessible for inspection, or to which access for Inspection is denied by or to the Inspector (including but not limited to or any area(s) or section(s) so specified by the Report).
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY TO THE THIRD PARTIES: This Report is made solely for the use and benefit of the Client named on the front of this report. No liability or responsibility whatsoever, in contract or tort, is accepted to any third party who may rely on the report wholly or in part. Any third party acting or relying on this report, in whole or in part does so at his or her own risk.
SGC Sydney Gutter Cleaning Inspections and Reports are provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. This report makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, this report does not warrant that:
- this report will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- the information on this report is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any matter you should consult an appropriate professional.
SGC Sydney Gutter Cleaning will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this report:
- to the extent that the report is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
SGC Sydney Gutter Cleaning, the owner and our staff neither purport, nor intend to give any accounting, legal, taxation or investment advice. It is recommended that you seek professional advice from an independent, licensed, qualified investment adviser, accountant or legal practitioner prior to implementing any investment programme or financial plan. In no way is it the intention of this website, the owner or our staff to encourage users of this website or our educational materials to evade tax or any lawful responsibility they may have.
These limitations of liability apply even if this website has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this report disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit our liability in respect of any:
- death or personal injury caused by SGC’s negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of this website; or
- matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for this website to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this report, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this report.
You accept that, as an entity, SGC Sydney Gutter Cleaning has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against SGC Sydney Gutter Cleaning’s officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with SGC Sydney Gutter Cleaning.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this disclaimer will protect SGC Sydney Gutter Cleaning’s officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors.
If any provision of this disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this disclaimer.
Approval Of Works With Materials
Approval of any works which require materials to be purchased will require you to complete a service agreement with graduated payments as follows:
- A 10%Deposit required on acceptance of quotation.
- 40% Progress payment required on arrival of materials,
- 50% Progress payment on completion of work. We reserve the right to cease work, without incurring any penalties, if payment is not made within the terms.
Quotes valid for 60 days from date of issue.
All materials remain the property of SGC Sydney Gutter Cleaning until such time as work is fully paid for.
In the case that we do not ask you to complete a service agreement, you will still be held liable for any costs incurred for materials if you cancel a job after the materials have been purchased. Approval of our quote indicates acceptance of these terms.